Risk's OTC Derivatives Clearing Summit Europe
PLEASE NOTE, THIS WEBSITE CONTAINS INFORMATION RELATING TO THE 2012 CONFERENCE. ONCE UPDATES ARE AVAILABLE FOR THE 2013 CONFERENCE, THEY WILL BE POSTED HERE SO PLEASE CHECK BACK REGULARLY.
RISK magazine is proud to announce the launch of OTC Derivatives Clearing Summit Europe which will be held on 6th November, 2012 in London!
In response to the financial crisis, regulatory authorities across the globe have been busy creating comprehensive reforms to address fundamental shortcomings of the over-the-counter derivatives market. As the deadline approaches, the complexity of the global regulation becomes increasingly evident which raises the question whether the uniform legislative framework can be delivered across different jurisdictions by the end of the year.
In theory, these changes will remove the complex web of bilateral exposures that characterise today's OTC markets, while fostering greater transparency and competition. In practice, they could reduce liquidity, result in some participants exiting the market, radically alter the economics of the various OTC products, and create a new breed of too-big-to-fail institutions.
Focusing on the most current developments in OTC derivatives clearing, this one-day summit is a must-attend event for professionals who strive to fully comprehend how regulatory reform will impact the industry and how to prepare their businesses for this fundamental change.
Benefits of attending:
- Review regulatory timelines for EMIR and MiFID II implementation and get an update on which products will be subject to mandatory clearing
- Explore the new market structure and how it will affect the buy-side community
- Join the discussion on extraterritorial challenges in a globally regulated OTC derivatives market
- Examine the EU regulatory framework for OTC derivatives clearing and discuss remaining uncertainties revolving around the latest initiatives
- Evaluate the impact of new reforms on the OTC derivatives market structure
- Understand collateral management and cross-product margining under the new regulations
- Assess OTC derivatives clearing capital requirements under Basel III rules and what implications they have on clearing members
- Learn about the trade repositories and the role they will play in achieving greater transparency and better governance
- Update your knowledge on reporting and clearing requirements in Europe and evaluate CCP facilities
- Enhance your knowledge of organised trading facilities (OTFs), and how will they improve the OTC derivatives market structure
- Discuss IT infrastructure challenges posed by new guidelines and evaluate regulatory impact on OTC derivatives e-trading activities
Join us in Risk's OTC Derivatives Clearing Summit Europe, and gain invaluable insight on the OTC derivatives reform, and how to manage expected and unexpected challenges in the greatly altered OTC derivatives industry.
Confirmed speakers include:
Edwin Schooling Latter, Head of Payments and Infrastructure Division, BANK OF ENGLAND
Barry King, Technical Specialist, OTC Derivatives and Post Trade Policy, FINANCIAL SERVICES AUTHORITY
Edward Allen, European Head of Sales, DEUTSCHE BANK
Alex McDonald, Chief Executive Officer, WHOLESALE MARKETS BROKERS' ASSOCIATION
Patrick Trew, Chief Risk Officer, CQS
Vanaja Indra, Solutions Specialist, INSIGHT INVESTMENT
Terence Nahar, Investment Director, SCOTTISH WIDOWS INVESTMENT PARTNERSHIP
Barry Hadingham, Head of derivatives and Counterparty Risk, AVIVA INVESTORS
Ido de Geus, Head of Treasury, PGGM INVESTMENTS
John Wilson, Former Managing Director and Global Head OTC Clearing, RBS GLOBAL BANKING AND MARKETS
Jane Lowe is Director of Markets, INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION
Ricky Maloney, Co-Head of Service Delivery, IGNIS ASSET MANAGEMENT
David Murphy, Derivatives and Financial Stability Expert
The programme is currently in production. To enquire about speaking opportunities, please contact: